Does your history organization have a job to post?
Become a CLHO member and we’ll be happy to post your information, questions, needs online and accessible to our users everywhere.
To take advantage of this offer, simply e-mail email@example.com with the information you would like to share, and we will do our best to get it online and out to the community as soon as possible.
While we try to keep this list current, please notice the posting date, and closing date for each listing. Position openings are a benefit of membership in the CLHO. If you are not a member and wish to post a job offering, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full-Time Special Collections Librarian, Pequot Library, Southport, CT
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Special Collections Librarian directly oversees Pequot Library’s
special collections (rare books, manuscripts, and archives) and research services, and coordinates the
Library’s exhibitions that incorporate holdings from its Special Collections.
1. Oversees all Special Collections operations (systems and workflows for facilities, security, preservation, and acquisitions), budget administration, and services (reference, reading room, cross-training, instruction, exhibitions).
2. Provides leadership and vision in the selection, organization, and ongoing management of the Library’s Special Collections.
3. Provides leadership in setting priorities, planning workflows, recommending changes to procedures and policies; resolves problems, interprets policies, generates statistics and reports, carries out projects.
4. Supervises interns, volunteers, and any support staff working on the day-to-day operations or special projects using the resources of Pequot’s Special Collections.
5. Works closely with Pequot Library’s Chief Librarian and Front Desk circulation staff to provide cross-training and consultation related to Special Collections policies and workflows.
6. Works closely with Pequot’s Public Programs Manager, Children’s Librarian, and Educational support staff in the creation of docent and school tour materials.
7. Works to collaborate with other staff, board and committee members to inspire long-term patrons and attract new audiences to Pequot’s Special Collections.
Pequot Library is an equal opportunity employer. Pequot Library is a tobacco-free library. Salary commensurate with experience. Pequot Library offers a competitive benefits package. For more information about Pequot Library, visit www.pequotlibrary.org.
Please send cover letter and résumé to Pequot Library, Special Collections Librarian Search Committee, 720 Pequot Avenue, Southport, CT. 06890 via email in one document with Special Collections Librarian in the subject line to email@example.com
Full-Time Education Manager, Connecticut Women's Hall of Fame
Connecticut Women’s Hall of Fame (CWHF), a non-profit educational outreach organization, seeks a full-time (40 hours/week) Education Manager to oversee the management, distribution, and delivery of the Hall’s innovative, award-winning educational programs and resources.
As a virtual museum rather than a destination, we’re looking for someone who can bring the Hall and its 118 Inductees to life for thousands of individuals across Connecticut each year. We’re seeking a creative, collaborative, and dynamic leader who can build on the foundation of our existing programs and take our educational offerings to the next level. If this sounds like you, please read on!
Major areas of focus for this position include:
Broadening audiences for the Hall’s existing educational programs (DIY History, Talks on the Road, traveling exhibits, etc.) and developing new program content for audiences of all ages